December 2nd, 2016
Lodge at Mountaineer Square, Crested Butte Mountain Resort, Mt Crested Butte.
Doors open at 5:00, Program starts at 6:00. $5 at the door. CBAC members get in FREE.
Join the Crested Butte Avalanche Center on December 2nd, 2016 for the 14th Annual Avalanche Awareness Night at the Lodge at Mountaineer Square in Mt. Crested Butte.
Avalanche Awareness Night is the biggest fundraiser of the year for your local avalanche center. There will be avalanche education topics covered by the CBAC forecasters and guest speakers, beer, pizza, a blistering raffle, and an all-around good time.
Presented by Kooler Painting and Garage Doors
Crested Butte Community School
December 3rd, 2016
FREE backcountry rescue and survival skills, followed by beer and gear at the Alpineer.
Join the CBAC in the 5th Annual Beacon Brush Up at Crested Butte Community School. All skill levels invited and encouraged to attend. Presented by Irwin Guides.
Schedule of Events (Sign up at Awareness Night or just show up day of)
- 9:00 – 10:00. Brand Specific Beacon Demo and Training from Ortovox, BCA, and Pieps.
- 10:00 – 3:00 Beacon Park practice area. Hands on training from the pros.
- 10:00-3:00. Rescue scenarios (~15 – 30 minutes each) to challenge you and your partners through all aspects of backcountry rescue.
- 10:00-3:00. Emergency survival skills. Rescue sleds, backcountry shelters, pack contents, etc
- 3:00-6:00. Food, beer, and discounted gear at the Alpineer
- 4:00 Raffle at the Alpineer. Tickets awarded for participation.
Are your rescue skills dialed?
The CBAC will continue forecasts through Sunday, April 17th. Stay informed before you head out!
Uphill Downhill Telemark Ski Race
March 20, 2016. Races start at noon.
The action and after party all go down at CBMR.
The “AJ” is quintessential Crested Butte: costumes, telemark skiing, extreme terrain, and lots of fun!
Proceeds benefit the CBAC. Details and registration here: www.aljohnsonrace.net
On 1/21/16, two snowmobilers triggered and were caught in a large slab avalanche near the Southeast shoulder or Ruby Peak. One of the riders was buried and killed. The final report of the Ruby Peak incident is now available here.
2015-2016 CBAC Membership Cards are here! The list of discounts and supporting businesses is growing each week. Become a member to get great deals and support your local avalanche center.
- Page 2 of 2